Try this quick and easy mug frittata for a protein-packed breakfast.
Eggs are budget-friendly and packed with high quality protein, vitamins and minerals our bodies need. This single-serving mug frittata takes just 3 minutes to make and is perfect for any weekday meal, not just breakfast. Feel free to add additional mix-ins based on your preferences.
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray or oil of choice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Desired fruits or vegetables, sliced or chopped
- Salsa, if desired
- Grease mug with cooking spray or any type of oil.
- Fill mug with desired fruit and/or vegetables and crack both eggs into mug.
- Add salt and pepper to mug and mix all ingredients together.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Flip mug over onto plate and top frittata with salsa, if desired.
This recipe article was written by Kali Anderson, Extension Intern for Utah County. Recipe adapted from: https://eatteachlaughcraft.com/food/three-minute-omelette-recipe/