Break the silence at the dinner table with these fun conversation starters!
10 Questions to Get Your Family Talking
Struggling to find something to talk about? Read through these conversation starters at each meal to get the chatter rolling. Create some crazy questions of your own when these run out.
- If you were in the circus, what circus act would you perform?
- If you could do anything all day, everyday, what would it be?
- If you could fly in a hot air balloon over any place in the world, where would you go?
- If you had to wear a hat everyday, what type of hat would you choose?
- Share your favorite tradition for each of the four seasons.
- If you could choose one super power to have, what would you choose?
- What is a new food you would like to try?
- Name three famous people you would like to have dinner with.
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- What is your favorite outside activity?
Did you know?
Children who participate in consistent family mealtimes perform better academically and develop larger vocabularies.
September is National Family Mealtime month. Each Friday this month we’ll be posting on that topic — specifically from the Live Well Utah Cookbook, Family Mealtime Edition. This publication is available for free at your local Extension office, or available digitally here. It features some great tips on the importance of family mealtime and meal planning, plus 21 quick, inexpensive, and nutritious recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters.