There is much that can be done now to get a jump start on the growing season. These tips with links from the Utah State University Extension Gardeners Almanac can help you get started.
* Try your hand at starting vegetables or annual plants indoors from seed to get a jump start on growing.
* Consider growing herbs and/or microgreens indoors to add fresh greens to your diet.
* If you are storing bulbs, check the condition of the bulbs to ensure they are firm, and remove any soft or rotten bulbs.
* Prune grapes and fruit trees in late February to early March.
* Fertilize fruit trees at least 6 weeks before they bloom.
* Avoid fungus gnat infestation in house plants by allowing the soil to dry between watering.
* Click here to see a video of February gardening tips.