Though yards and gardens were put to bed some time ago, there are still outdoor tasks to consider and holiday gardening gifts to give. Here are some tips.
· Use deicing compounds sparingly to avoid salt damage to landscape plants.
· If natural precipitation is sparse and the ground is not frozen, water evergreen trees and shrubs to ensure they are well hydrated heading into winter.
· Purchase poinsettias to brighten your home. Learn how to care for them and keep them alive beyond the holidays.
· Spruce up you holiday decorating with a wide variety of holiday plants. They offer color and texture to décor.
· Click here for information on Christmas tree selection and care.
· Shop for your gardener. Great holiday gifts include: books, pruners, gift certificates, gloves, a living wreath, pottery and yard ornaments.
· Click here to sign up to become a member of the USU-sponsored Botanical Gardens and receive discounts on classes and workshops, along with other benefits. Or, consider giving a gardening membership as a gift.