No more leftover pancakes forgotten in the fridge! Try this single-serving oatmeal pancake recipe, and increase the recipe if you need to feed more people.
Here is a great single serving pancake recipe, packed with protein and fiber to keep you full all morning; and only 215 calories for the entire batch!
This recipe uses only six ingredients, and you likely already have them in your pantry.
It is super simple to make, simply place all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix just until combined.
Then pre-heat your pan on medium-high heat with a little cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
Flip once the pancakes starts to set. Be careful not to overcook them; you don’t want the pancakes to get too dark and dry out.
All three pancakes are one serving, only 215 calories, 12.5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber!
Try avoiding sugary syrups and top your pancakes with yogurt and fresh fruit.
1 serving, 215 calories
- 1 package instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flour (wheat flour preferred)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (low-fat preferred)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash cinnamon (optional)
- Place all six ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pre-heat a skillet on medium-high with a little cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
- Scoop batter into three medium-sized pancakes.
- Flip when the bottom of the pancake is set and lifts easily. Repeat on other side.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit for a flavorful, fresh taste!
For more delicious recipes like this one visit http://kanecountyfoodsense.blogspot.com/
This article was written by Brittney Johnson, Certified Nutrition Education Assistant, USU Extension, Kane County