Try this salad as an alternative to eating corn-on-the-cob, using fresh or frozen corn.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 4-5 cobs fresh corn or (1) 16 oz. bag frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 4 oz. Cotija or parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add corn (if using fresh corn on the cob, boil for several minutes and then cut kernels off the cob first) and cook until the corn starts to brown. Stir occasionally.
- While the corn is cooking, mix together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. When corn is lightly browned, gently fold it in with other ingredients.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
This article was written by Patricia Mathis, USU Extension 4-H and Family and Consumer Sciences Educator in Wasatch County