Wedding season is here! Amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well.
Something Borrowed, Something Blue
How many weddings have you been to this summer? They are happening left and right!
Before tying the knot, here are some important questions to consider:
1. Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
2. Does my partner have a good conscience?
3. Do I have common interests with my partner?
4. Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
5. Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
6. How does my partner deal with conflict?
7. How does my partner handle money?
8. Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
9. Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
10. What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit http://healthyrelationshipsutah.org/.
This article was written by Naomi Brower
Naomi Brower is an Extension Associate Professor for Utah State University. She has a Masters of Family and Human Development from Utah State University. Often called the relationship guru by friends, Naomi is passionate about helping others improve the quality of their lives through creating and strengthening their relationships with others.
Categories: Home & Family
Leave a Reply