10 Tips for Drinking More Water This Summer
We all know drinking more water is good for us, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to drink enough each day. During the hot summer months, it’s especially important that we drink enough to keep our bodies hydrated and healthy. Here are some easy tips to help you get started:
- Get a water bottle or cup that you’ll actually use. Choose whatever suits your style.
- Carry a water bottle with you and keep it at your desk. Refill it whenever you’re near the water cooler or fountain.
- Use an app to track your water consumption. Apps like Plant Nanny make drinking water feel like a game. Apps such as iDrated and WaterLogged are also great resources to help remind you to drink.
- Invest in a water filter (or a filtered water bottle) if you don’t like the taste of tap water.
- Opt for water. Replace sugary drinks such as soda and energy drinks with water. It’s zero calories and you’ll save money.
- Use a marked water bottle that shows how much you’ve consumed throughout the day (or make your own!).
- Add fresh fruit to your water to give it some flavor.
- Set reminders for yourself to drink at certain times of the day (i.e. before every meal or after every bathroom break).
- Keep a glass or water bottle by your bed for easy access during the night.
- Set a realistic goal for yourself. If you’re only drinking two glasses a day now, don’t jump directly to a goal of eight glasses. Start small and you’ll improve little by little.
This article was written by Kali Anderson, Extension Intern for Utah County